General Information and
History of BASU
The first steps for
forming and founding Bu-Ali Sina University was taken after a treaty between
Iran and France governments in Esfand
This university was
established in 1353(1975), and started its academic activities with the admission of
several students in a few programs.
This process was continued
until 1358 (1979) for ten educational programs. After the cultural revolution in
universities, Bu-Ali Sina university commenced its activities with fundamental changes in
the educational programs.
Therefore we can say the
beginning point for what exists at present, is after the Islamic revolution of
present , Bu-Ali Sina University has five Faculties , one Higher
Education Complex and two Junior school. Faculties include: Faculty of Agriculture,
Faculty of Engineering ,
Faculty of Literature and Humanities , Faculty of Science , Malayer
Junior Faculty of
Education and Junior School of Veterinary Medicine.
The University has about
300 full-time faculty members who have graduated from different universities around the
world and Iran. The university also has about 7000 students who are studying in 63
educational programs at B.Sc. , M.Sc. and Ph.D. levels and about 45000 students have
graduated from the university since 1976.
This university has 32
departments , most of which admit students at B.Sc. and M.Sc. levels. Therefore, this
university is moving toward a bright future with assured steps, and it will create and
develop more suitable methods to meet the basic needs of this province and region like
educating expert and skillful persons and supporting the government organization.